Sports Premium Funding
As a legacy to the London Olympics 2012, the Government provide all Primary Schools in the country with a substantial sum of money that is ring fenced for PE and Sports. This is fantastic for us as a school as it means our children access opportunities they may not otherwise be able to.
In this year the school received £16,580.
We are proud of the efforts we make to promote the physical and emotional well being of our pupils.
This year we have identified the needs of our pupils as:
- All pupils provided with opportunities to be active, develop movement skills and enjoy movement on a daily basis
- Daily Mile & incorporated Trim Trail
- Mile a day & Well being walks Improved Mental wellbeing/social interaction.
- Learning mapping skills through maths – cross curricular
- Opportunities to engage in new sports and sign post children to local clubs.
- CPD – Lancaster and Heysham SSN Attendance at Primary PE Conference
- Lancashire PE app
- Children exposed to outdoor learning. Building confidence and resilience.
- Children shown and trained in specific skills – rugby, netball, football. Teams established according to ability, but also as confidence boosters
- Children given training and ideas for the activities for playtime. Children given opportunity to put in a wish list for equipment.
- Opportunities to watch coaches in action – championing their sport and encouraging pupils to have ago
- Encouraging the community to be involved in sports day – having fun together after lockdown (first sports day in 2 years)
- Outdoor Gym equipment treadmill, cross trainer
- Younger leaders award training
- Opportunities for school to champion sports across all key stages. Have outside agencies in to deliver netball and football
- Opportunities for sport specific and skill based sessions and then competition where appropriate.
- Opportunity to compete against other local schools