Sports Premium Funding
As a legacy to the London Olympics 2012, the Government provide all Primary Schools in the country with a substantial sum of money that is ring fenced for PE and Sports. This is fantastic for us as a school as it means our children access opportunities they may not otherwise be able to.
As a school we will receive £16500 this year, this is how we plan to use the funding:
- Subsidising a trip to Borwick Hall in September for all Key Stage 1 and 2 children. This gave all our children the opportunity to experience activities such as canoeing, caving and rock climbing. Widening our children’s experiences is an important part of what we do and we use this annual trip to encourage children to push themselves outside of their comfort zones and try something different- £1500
- Annual membership to the Lancaster and Heysham School Sports Network. Being a part of the LHSSN opens up opportunities for children to take part in inter school competitions in a variety of sports and games. The LHSSN also provide CPD for staff in delivery of PE throughout the school and access to a range of coaches and support including Bikeability and Sports Leader Training. Our Ks2 children also get the opportunity to visit the climbing facilities at Salt Ayre as a part of our membership- £1000
- Annual membership to the Carnforth Small Schools Cluster provides opportunities for children to take part in a variety of sporting experiences including dodgeball, tri- golf and orienteering. These events incorporate an element of competition which is important to us. We want our children to enjoy both participation and experience competition – £600
- Resurfacing of the school playground. Our playground is in need of resurfacing, doing this will make it a safe space to use for PE lessons and physical activities. The resurfacing will impact upon many years to come in the future – £8000
- Playground Markings. The new resurfaced playground will be repainted with a netball court and multi purpose markings that can be used for a variety of different active learning activities. The markings come with a 15 year guarantee- £3000
- Staff training to build confidence in delivering the PE curriculum throughout school- £1000 inc supply
- We are continually evaluating how we spend our Sports Premium Funding to ensure it has a positive impact on our children.